(Click Picture to Enlarge)
Sound Activated Switch
Every wonder how "The Clapper" works? This
circuit will turn on and off based on a loud sound such as clapping your
hands. You can adjust the sensitivity (how loud of a sound will activate
the circuit) from a pin drop to a Mack Truck Horn. Very practical for a variety of projects.
Add a relay to turn on a light when your
dog barks, or set of a siren when an intruder makes a loud noise.
- L: 4-3/8" W: 2-1/2" H: 1/2"
- Operates on 9 VDC battery.
(or Use this
Power Supply instead of a Battery)
- Uses an Electret Microphone (very sensitive).
- Sensitivity can be adjusted via potentiometer.
- Turns on/off an LED mounted on the board.
- Has connection for a relay (not included, 9v 500ohm coil recommended).
(more info on how relays work)
- Circuit activates upon sound and stays active until another sound
triggers the circuit.
- Connections for relay on board.
K36.pdf for complete details,
including schematic and theory of operation. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
available at www.adobe.com for FREE!
K125 - Voice / Sound Activated w/