Parallax Boe Bot Robot Kit - USB Boe
Bot Robotic Platform
The Parallax Boe Bot Robot Kit! USB Version.
Our most popular programmable robot kit for high school and gifted programs.
This is one of the highest quality robotic kits we have ever sold.
Top-notch user documentation, teacher guides and available accessories make for
a robust robotics platform. Parallax provided support and user forums
provide students and teachers with the ultimate in resources as they venture
into the world of robotics.
Programming, and Robotics all at once!
Build your own rolling robot with a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller brain. Just
follow the clear, step-by-step instructions and illustrations with the included
book, Robotics with the Boe-Bot. No programming or electronics experience is
audience: Anyone interested in getting started with robots, electronics, and
microcontroller programming; no experience needed. This kit is widely used in
middle and high schools, vocational schools and colleges, as well as by
hobbyists and independent learners.
Additionally, the Boe-Bot robot has been approved for use with the Boy Scouts of
America Robotics Merit Badge!
Here’s what you will do:
- Write programs in PBASIC on your computer
- Build simple circuits from schematics and wiring diagrams
- Download PBASIC programs into the BASIC Stamp to control the circuits
- Assemble your Boe-Bot hardware—screwdriver is included
- Learn to drive the Boe-Bot with simple motion programs
- Add sensor circuits and program the Boe-Bot to navigate on its own
Here’s what your Boe-Bot will do:
- Navigate by the program commands you give it
- Report sensor status to you with light and sound
- Escape corners by touch using whisker contact sensors
- Steer by sensing light to find the brightest or darkest place
- Detect and avoid obstacles with infrared sensors
- Detect distance to follow your hand or another robot
The programming is
PBASIC is a great way for beginners to learn concepts found in most programming
languages. Each example Boe-Bot program is followed with a detailed explanation
so you learn as you go.
The Boe-Bot hardware is sturdy and adaptable!
The Boe-Bot robot’s aluminum chassis provides a durable base for the
electronics, wheels, and motors. The slots in the chassis are ready for mounting
additional hardware accessories. The Board of Education breadboard and servo
motor ports let you plug in common electronic components with no soldering
needed. Just about every piece can be purchased individually as needed, making
your Boe-Bot fleet easy to maintain. Click here for the complete components
After mastering the basics, Boe-Bot add-ons let you branch out into new
activities, such as making your Boe-Bot talk with a speech board, adding
infrared remote control, maze contests, line following, interfacing direction
sensors, and using RF modules and video/camera equipment to build a Video-Bot.
Boe-Bot accessories are all sold separately, and are available through the Robot
Accessories page below.
See what you can do!
Please follow this link to a Parallax Boe Bot Video Gallery.
Please click here to see
The Parallax Boe Bot Student Guide.
Educators may obtain the Teacher's Guides by sending an e-mail to
- Power: 4 AA batteries (not included).
- Requires PC Running
- Requires USB Port
- Assembly of Robot aprox 2 hours
- Requires basic hand